Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

Is YOUR tradesperson licensed with the Environment Agency as a 'waste carrier?' Plumbers, C

New powers announced after a recent vote in Parliament to fine fly tippers and those whose household waste is removed by unlicensed carriers.

Also, Government to TELL local authorities to STOP charging domestic users of household waste recycling centres for the disposal of DIY waste:

Extract from the Times 15 Jan 18 (12:01 AM)

"...Households could be fined up to £400 if they pay an unauthorised “man in a van” to take away rubbish under plans announced today to tackle fly-tipping.

The government will also tell local authorities to stop charging people to dispose of DIY waste at council tips, meaning there should be less need to pay someone to remove it..."

Householders should be aware of the requirement for a Waste Carriers Licence before engaging any person to remove waste from their property or business.

You can 'search' the Environment Agency register of licensed waste carriers here:


The original Government briefing document is here:


Empire Tree and Garden Services is a licensed waste carrier (on the lower tier) for the removal of untreated 'green' waste from arboricultural operations. Waste License Number: CBDL22346